- Northern Europe and Kievan Rus’
- The political symbolism in Western and Eastern Europe: similarities and differences
- Similarities and differences within the ‘Byzantine Commonwealth’
- Reason and faith in Eastern and Western medieval cultures
- Europa sanctorum. Sainthood and cult of saints in Eastern and Western Europe: similarities and differences.
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the stuff members of the Centre
- participating in research seminars, co-organizing events and contributing in other ways to the Centre’s development
- presenting publicly candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community
- participating in teaching is encouraged, though not required.
The Centre offers access to printed and electronic resources of the Higher School of Economics as well to collections of Moscow libraries.
- · a PhD from an international research university in such fields as: Medieval history, Byzantine history, Russian medieval history, as well as middle latin or medieval vernacular philology, art history, history of sciences, history of philosophy and archeology (the PhD thesis shall have been defended successfully within the previous 3 years),
- a strong background in historical methods and historiography,
- ability to work in a team,
- fluent English,
- relevant experience is an asset although not required
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here . Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV, research statement and two letters of recommendation should be submitted directly via online application form by April 1, 2016. Please note that direct applications to the hiring laboratory may not be reviewed.
Source : Centre for Medieval Studies – Moscow