This studentship is for students wanting to undertake a doctoral degree working on our manuscripts and special collections.
The University of Nottingham Manuscripts and Special Collections, and Centre for Research on Cuba, hold collections which have been designated as of national and international importance.
They are a major research resource in the following areas:
- British social, political, economic and administrative history (family and estate collections)
- History of health and medical treatment (hospital archives)
- DH Lawrence
- Archdeaconry of Nottingham ecclesiastical court
- Nonconformist churches
- Business and trade union history
- Rivers, water supply and drainage
- University archives
- Medieval literary manuscripts
- Cuba (The Hennessy Collection)
Application deadline: midnight 28 February 2017
Start date: September 2017
UK, EU and International students are welcome to apply.
Applicants should have a Master’s degree (or be close to completion) and have identified and had a preliminary discussion with a possible supervisor in the Faculty of Arts.
Source : University of Nottingham