This event celebrates a new partnership of Éditions EHESS and Cambridge University Press to co-publish the journal Annales. Histoire, Sciences Sociales from 2017.
The Annales is the most widely distributed Francophone history journal in the world, shaped by a unique spirit of intellectual enquiry that has made it one of the most influential and recognizable journals across the social sciences. This forum will reflect on its past and on future directions of research.
Coordinated jointly by Cambridge University Press and the Centre for History and Economics, the event will take place in the Lecture Theatre in Trinity Hall.
Speakers will be:
- Étienne Anheim, Editor of the Annales and Professor at the École des Hautes Études en Sciences Sociales
- Romain Bertrand, Editorial Committee Member of the Annales and Senior Research Fellow, Sciences Po
- Stephen Sawyer, Associate Editor of the Annales in English and Associate Professor and Chair, Department of History, American University of Paris
- Iza Hussin, Lecturer in Asian Politics, POLIS, University of Cambridge
- Gareth Stedman Jones, Co-Director, Centre for History and Economics, Professor of the History of Ideas, Queen Mary London
It will be chaired by Tim Harper, Associate Director of the Centre for History and Economics, University of Cambridge.
The event is followed by a reception at the Cambridge University Press Bookshop from 6-8pm. At the reception you will have the opportunity to talk to the event speakers and with members of the current Annales editorial team. Light refreshments will be served and are subject to availability.
Source : Cambridge University Press