Department: Center for Renaissance Studies
Summary: Reporting to the Director of the Center for Renaissance Studies, the Postdoctoral Scholar will assist with preparing materials for inclusion in an online handbook for Italian paleography, 1300-1700.
- Assisting with the selection of original source documents for inclusion in the site;
- Preparing database entries for them;
- Drafting reference resources;
- Translating manuscripts and secondary sources into English;
- Encoding the documents and reference resources.
- PhD in field relating to Italian medieval and/or early modern studies (e.g., history, art history, philosophy, literature);
- Exceptional writing and editing skills in English;
- Fluent reading knowledge of Italian in its modern and early forms;
- Experience with archival research in Italy;
- Coursework in paleography in early modern Italian;
- Familiarity with Access database and TEI encoding knowledge preferred (or ability to learn new applications quickly).
Schedule: Two-year full-time, grant-funded, exempt position; 35 hours a week, Monday- Friday.
Benefits: First year – health, dental, vision and group life insurance; fifteen vacation days, two personal days and paid holidays. After one year of service – twenty vacation days, long term disability, long term care, and retirement plan available.
Date Posted: January 3, 2017
Date Available: August 1, 2017
Application Deadline: Priority given to applications received by 2/28/17. Review will begin 3/1/2017 and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Application materials should include cover letter, cv, and contact information for three references and should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.