Job Type Academic
Contract Type Open Ended
Salary Type Per Annum
Salary (£) 33518 – 47722
HUM0869, School of History, Closing date: 25 Jul 2018
£33,518 – £47,722 per annum
Are you an experienced teacher of Medieval History? Are you an outstanding scholar on course to make a significant contribution to REF2021?
The School of History seeks to appoint a Lecturer in Medieval History (c.500-1200). We welcome applications from all interested individuals in any field of medieval history within the time period c.500-1200, particularly from specialists in British and/or Anglo-Norman history. An interdisciplinary approach to these research fields and experience of teaching graduate students are desirable.
With a flair for teaching and a willingness to work innovatively, you will help develop teaching and research interests in medieval history at Kent. You will be able to demonstrate an enthusiasm to participate actively with public engagement and impact activities of the School and its external partners and research interests which complement those of other medieval historians in the School.
As Lecturer you will:
• devise and teach popular early medieval modules from stage 1 to MA level
• develop your research area to attract international recognition, research grants and PhD students
• undertake administrative roles which advance the interests of the School, Faculty and University
• become active and valued in public and cultural engagement, outreach and, in due course, impact.
To be successful in this role you will have:
• a PhD in History or related area or equivalent
• knowledge of medieval History within time period 500-1200
• experience of research-led teaching of Medieval History within time period 500-1200 in a Higher Education context
• a developing profile of international excellence in research and publication and a strong submission for the 2021 REF, including high quality (3*– 4* level) research publications
The School of History at the University of Kent is dedicated to excellence in research, learning and teaching. The School contains thirty one full-time academic staff, half of whom have been appointed since 2001. The latest Research Excellence Framework (REF 2014) placed the School 8th nationally for Research Intensity, and our students work alongside lecturers and tutors who are not just excellent teachers, but world-class researchers actively working at the forefront of their chosen field. The School currently offers a range of undergraduate programmes. In recent years it has received consistently high ratings of over 90% student satisfaction for its undergraduate teaching in the National Student Survey. At postgraduate level, it offers MAs by coursework or research, an M.Sc and a full PhD programme.
Start date for applications: 13 June 2018
Closing date for applications: 25 July 2018
Interviews are to be held: 24 September 2018
Please see the links below to view the full job description and also to apply for this post. For further information regarding the application process please contact The Resourcing Team on email@example.com quoting ref number: HUM0869
Please note – applications must be made via the University’s online application system. You will be required to fill in the main details section of the application form as well as upload your CV and a cover letter. Your cover letter should clearly and explicitly address the requirements of the Person specification and you should provide clear evidence and examples in your application which back-up any assertions you make in relation to each criterion. We recommend a maximum of 4 x A4 sides for this document.
If you are invited for an interview, we will request references for you at that stage.
Full Job Description
HUM0869 – Additional Information.pdf
HUM0869 – Job Description.pdf
Source : University of Kent