Date(s): 23-24 June 2020
Location: King’s Manor, Exhibition Square, York
Deadline: 23 April, 2020
We welcome paper proposals of 250-300 words for 15-20 minute papers on the theme of Relationships in any area of Medieval Studies from current postgraduate students (MA, PhD, MPhil), early career scholars, and independent researchers.
Topics can include (but are not limited to):
- Interpersonal relationships (friendships, family, neighbourliness and dispute, patrons, authority, love, gender, and sexuality)
- Communities, workshops, and networks (religious houses, artisan workshops, intellectual networks, interfaith and global relations)
- Relationships between texts, images, and audiences (word-image relations, commissioned works, marginalia, authorship, reading and writing practices)
- Relationships to objects (relics, gifts, object biographies)
- Intertextual relationships and literary traditions
- Relationships between people, animals, space, and landscape
- Relationships with the past (medievalism, romanesque)
- Interdisciplinary research (scientific methodologies, digital humanities, history of science)
- Public engagement and collaborations with heritage institutions
We also welcome proposals for academic posters to be displayed during the conference.
Please send all proposals by 23rd April to: email@example.com
Travel grants for unfunded speakers are available. To apply, please include with your proposal a short explanation of your financial circumstances (self-funded student, lack of travel bursary, etc.) and an itemised list of anticipated expenses.
Source : Medieval Art Research