Fellowships for the Duration of 6 Months from 1 April 2021 Until 30 September 2021.
The KWI fellowship program addresses excellent researchers from the humanities, cultural studies, and the social sciences. The institute provides fellows with modern infrastructure, office space, technical support and offers a library service, event and research management as well as support in all administrative and communicative regards.
We are inviting research fellows with a completed PhD plus up to six years of post-doctoral experience. The fellowships can be offered to applicants in all disciplines represented in the current KWI research agenda. The KWI International Fellowship Program addresses international researchers. Researchers of German nationality are eligible to apply if currently employed at an international institute.
Fellows will receive a fellowship contract (not a full-employment contract) and a monthly allowance of € 4,000 (pre-tax) meant to cover rent, insurances and living expenses. Travel expenses for arrival at the KWI and for departure after the fellowship can be partially reimbursed.
- The fellowship should be dedicated to research linked to the programmatic agenda of the KWI. Various project formats are possible: You might devote your time in Essen to finishing a book or a special issue, to finalizing a research proposal or setting up a research group. We also welcome plans to establish or substantiate collaborations with the universities of the Ruhr Alliance.
- We expect the fellows to be present at least 4 days a week.
- Fellows are requested to actively take part in lectures, conferences, reading groups and other academic events at the KWI.
- Fellows are not expected to teach, but always welcome to inspire our teaching laboratory with new ideas or participate in lecture series and seminars at surrounding universities.
- Publications deriving from the time of residence should mention the KWI.
- German is not required.
The detailed call with additional information on the KWI, the academic landscape and the Ruhr Area as well as FAQs can be accessed HERE .
We kindly ask you to apply in the form of one single PDF file (max. 20 MB) which must be submitted electronically to email@example.com
- The application must be formulated in English and must contain a CV, a list of publications and a proposal sketching your KWI project (up to 5,000 characters).
- The program DEADLINE IS JULY 31 ST , 2020, 24:00 H (CET). Incomplete or late submitted applications can not be considered.
- The fellows will be selected by a committee assembling members of the KWI governing board and the institute’s director.
- Further information about the application process can be found in the FAQS
- For further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Source : Medieval Art Research