On 10, 11 and 12 November 2022, the 5th International Congress for Young Researchers in Middle Ages (ICYRMA) will take place at the University of Évora, Portugal.
ICYRMA is destinated to students at master, doctoral and postdoctoral level and/or to those who have obtained their academic degrees in the last five years. It aims to be an interdisciplinary space for dissemination, discussion and contact among young researchers who study the Middle Ages from various perspectives: history, archeology, art history, literature, philosophy, philology, anthropology, ethnology, sociology, geography, methodology, among other areas.
In this 5th ICYRMA, the theme will be » TIME and TEMPORALITY”.
Each proposal must fall within one of the following thematic strands:
1. The Remains of Time: archeology and material culture.
2. How does the passage of time influence our view of medieval building elements? Materials, uses and functions: from past to present.
3. New paths in the study of medieval subjects: the masters of yesterday and the apprentices of today.
4. Legitimacy By Remembrance: individual and collective sociopolitical memory building.
5. Time As A Strange land: historical awareness by medieval people.
6. What Time Is It: mechanisms and strategies to measure and record time.
7. Another ‘convivencia’: the overlap of different calendars and eras.
8. Narrating the Flow of Time: testimonies of written culture.
9. The Six Ages of Man: the human body as a vessel of time.
10. What to Come: the future conceived by the medieval mind.
The call for papers will be open until April 30th.
– The working languages will be: Portuguese, Spanish, English and French.
– Each participant will have 15 minutes to do their presentation.
– Each proposal will be evaluated by two members of the Scientific Committee in a blind review process.
– The results of the selection will be announced until July 1st, 2022.
– Registration fee: 35€.
=>> TO SUBMIT YOUR PROPOSAL, PLEASE COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING FORM: https://forms.gle/i7NuFj1ZPpxD4CtB9
Source : ICYRMA