TERZA UNIVERSITA’ DEGLI STUDI DI ROMA
The integral version is available at the following links:
Pursuant to the Regolamento di Ateneo per gli assegni di ricerca, a public selection process is established to award ONE grant for temporary research fellowship (“assegno di ricerca”) for a period of 24 (twenty-four) months in the Department of Political Science
“The Custody of the Holy Land: Account books, Organization and legitimacy”
The position is part of the European research Council (ERC) Consolidator Grant project “A global economic organization in the early modern period: The Custody of the Holy Land through its account books (1600-1800)” (HOLYLAB), led by Prof. Felicita Tramontana. The aim of the project is to study the Custody’s economic organization in the early modern period and, in so doing, to address more general issues concerning the global circulation of people, money and objects and the organization of early modern institutions. In order to do so the project relies on an extensive corpus of account books issued by the headquarters of the Custody of the Holy Land and its commissariats.
The successful applicant is expected to carry out the following research activities:
– Collect data from the account books of the commissariats of the Custody of the Holy Land (kept in the archive of Propaganda Fide, Roma) and insert them in the project database;
– Perform a quantitative and qualitative analysis of the data;
– Collect and analyse relevant narrative sources;
– Conduct research in local archives and library;
– Present a paper at a conference/workshop;
– Write an article on the analysis conducted;
– Co-edit with the PI and other team members an edited volume;
– Take part in the project’s activities, such as organization of workshops etc.
APPLICANT PROFILE: Candidates must: hold a PhD degree; have a suitable and documented academic and professional experience in the research elds related to the project (Social and Economic History of the Early Modern Period) and in the analysis of Medieval and/or Early Modern economic documents . Candidates are required to have an excellent knowledge of Italian, English, Latin and preferably Spanish. Background in (or interest for) Organizational Studies is desirable.
GROSS AMOUNT (paid in monthly installments) per year, comprehensive of all fees due by the Administration): € 40.000,00
The allowances is subjected to:
– the provisions of the article 4 of Law 08/13/1984, n. 476 (fiscal treatment);
– the provisions of the article 2, paragraphs 26 and following of the law 08/08/1995, n. 335, as further amended
– the provisions of the article 1, paragraph 788, of Law 27/12/2006, n. 296, as further amended (sick leave);
– the provisions of the Decree of the Minister of Labour and Social Welfare 12/07/2007, published in Official
Gazette no. 247 of 23/10/2007 (maternity).
Apart from the cases provided for and regulated by the above provisions, is possible to suspend the research
activity for a pre-determined number of months. Suspension is given by the Board of the Department; at the end of the suspension the “assegno di ricerca” will resume or will be permanently stopped.
In all cases of suspension the payment is immediately interrupted until the date of resumption of the activities, certified by the Director of the Department.
In the case of anticipate conclusion of the research activity, the monthly installment will be paid proportionally.
TERZA UNIVERSITA’ DEGLI STUDI DI ROMA
To participate in selection it is mandatory to have gained:
– Ph.D. or equivalent
Should the Ph.D. have been obtained abroad, the course must be declared equivalent, solely for selection purposes, by the Academic Senate of the University.
The candidate must possess the required qualification within the deadline specified in paragraph 3, under penalty of exclusion.
The Commission will define the criteria of the selection before proceeding with the evaluation.
The selection process consists of two different phases:
1) the evaluation of the candidate profile based on titles, CV and any other provided documentation;
2) an oral interview; the candidate will be also tested in reading and comprehension of a 17th century manuscript
written in Italian.
1. The research grant cannot be awarded to students enrolled in undergraduate, Master, or medical specialization in Italy or abroad, and involves placement on unpaid leave for employee in service with public administrations other than those referred to in point .3 below.
2. Participation in selection is not allowed for spouses, relatives and kin up to and including the 4th degree of the: – teachingstaffoftheDepartmentwhichhasissuedthisnotice;
3. Permanent employees of Universities, research and experimentation institutes or public bodies, the National
Institute for New Technologies, Energy and Sustainable Economic Development (ENEA), the Italian Space Agency (ASI) and institutions whose scientific specialization qualifications have been recognized as equivalent to a Ph.D. pursuant to article 74, fourth paragraph, of Presidential Decree no. 382 of 11 July 1980, cannot participate in selection.
4. The research grant cannot be combined with any scholarships, except those awarded by national or foreign institutes to supplement research activities of said temporary research fellows with permanence abroad.
5. The grant for carrying out research activities is governed by a specific individual contract, based on the following criteria: flexibility in meeting the needs of the activity, continuity, time allocation (not sporadic), coordination with the overall activities of the Department, close relationship with the implementation of a research program, autonomous activity within the scope of the program and absence of pre-determined working hours.
For anything not exposed here must be considered laws and rules regarding the “assegni di ricerca”. Any other information can be found on: http://host.uniroma3.it/uffici/ricerca/assegni-di-ricerca.aspx
The signed and dated application form, compiled following the scheme available at the end of this Call (ALLEGATO A) must be sent by e-mail at email@example.com and HAVE TO ARRIVE within the final deadline of 12:00, 31 January 2023, otherwise the applicant will be excluded.
Application must include:
- appropriate scientific and professional curriculum demonstrating aptitude for research activities;
- autocertification for the Degrees (ALLEGATO B);
- (if any) list of other titles and or previous scientific publication (ALLEGATO C)
- Copy of a valid passport
Rep. N. 232/2022 Signed Prof. Emilia Fiandra
Appel au format PDF : ici