“The Future of Medieval France” is an international conference on the past, present, and future of medieval studies in Europe presented in honor of John W. Baldwin. Organized by Professor Meredith Cohen (Art History, UCLA) and Professor Zrinka Stahuljak (CMRS-CEGS Director, UCLA).
Bringing together scholars of medieval France from the Anglophone and Francophone worlds, this conference honors the legacy of John W. Baldwin who bridged the two and looks into the future of medieval France in the global context. What does it mean to study medieval France today, when academic research and funding trends increasingly seem to decenter France? While this conference focuses on France, the reflection is relevant for all of Europe. Why and how, then, should we study medieval France and Europe? How can we reform or decolonize the medieval European fields from within while remaining true to the time period, its geographies, mentalities, and connectivities?
The conference will be held on Feb. 23 and 24. Please join us remotely via ZOOM: https://cmrs.ucla.edu/conference/the-future-of-medieval-france/registration/
Conference speakers include:
- Patrick Boucheron – History, Collège de France
- Mary Channen Caldwell – Musicology, University of Pennsylvania
- Florent Coste – Medieval Literature, Université de Lorraine
- Michael T. Davis – Professor emeritus, Department of Art History and Architectural Studies, Mount Holyoke College
- Beate Fricke – Institute of Art History, Universität Bern
- Marisa Galvez – French and Italian, Stanford University
- Sarah Guérin – Art History, University of Pennsylvania
- William Chester Jordan – History, Princeton University
- Shirin Khanmohamadi – Comparative Literature, San Francisco State University
- Katarina Livljanić – Voice, Schola Cantorum Basiliensis / Ensemble Dialogos
- Robert A. Maxwell – Institute of Fine Arts, New York University
- Carol Symes – History, Theater and Medieval Studies, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
For a full schedule see: https://cmrs.ucla.edu/conference/the-future-of-medieval-france/schedule/
Source : UCLA
Vous devez être connecté pour poster un commentaire.