With its 4,300 employees and 32,500 students, the University of Graz provides an exciting and varied work environment. Given our expertise in research and teaching, we are a central institution in Styria.
Institute of History is looking for an
University Assistant with doctorate (Medieval History)
(40 hours a week; fixed-term employment for the period of 6 years; position to be filled as of September 3rd 2018 )
- Independent research activities
- Independent conducting of lectures and examinations
- Involvement in all of the institute’s academic activities such as research, teaching, student counseling and administration
- Organisation of academic events (conferences etc.) (desirable)
- Writing of a habilitation / second book (desirable)
- Completed dissertation (medieval history)
- Experience in interdisciplinary research
- Interest in Cultural History
- Excellent command of English
- Excellent skills in Latin
- Skills in one other language
- Interdisciplinary research interest open to collaboration with other fields
- Intercultural competence
- Communication and organisational skills and ability to work in teams
- Commitment and independent way of working
- Academic curiosity
Salary scheme of the Universitäten-KV (University Collective Agreement): B1
The minimum salary as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme is EUR 3711.10 gross/month. This minimum salary may be higher due to previous employment periods eligible for inclusion and other earnings and remunerations.
We offer you a job with a lot of responsibility and variety. You can expect an enjoyable work climate, flexible work hours and numerous possibilities for further education and personal development. Take advantage of the chance to enter into a challenging work environment full of team spirit and enthusiasm for your job.
Application Deadline: June 27th 2018
Reference Number: MB/90/99 ex 2017/18
The University of Graz strives to increase the proportion of women in particular in management and faculty positions and therefore encourages qualified women to apply.
Especially with regard to academic staff, we welcome applications from persons with disabilities who meet the requirements of the advertised position.
If you are interested, please submit your application documents within the stated deadline. Make sure to indicate the reference number on your application and please send your CV and photo to:
Source : Academic Positions