Location: Lausanne – Switzerland
Salary: Not Specified
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Fixed-Term/Contract
Placed On: 15th September 2020
Closes: 15th November 2020
Job Ref: 16424
UNIL is a leading international teaching and research institution, with over 5,000 employees and 15,500 students split between its Dorigny campus, CHUV and Epalinges. As an employer, UNIL encourages excellence, individual recognition and responsibility.
The English Department of the Faculty of Arts, University of Lausanne, invites applications for the post of Assistant Professor (tenure track to the rank of Full Professor) in medieval English language and literature (Old and Middle English), with experience in the field of digital humanities, such as data base, e-editing, etc.
Starting date: August 1, 2021
Duration of the contract *: 2 years, renewable 2 x 2 years, maximum 6 years
Activity rate: 100%
Place of work: Lausanne-Dorigny
* The person appointed as Assistant Professor on conditional tenure track will be hired for a term of two years, renewable twice on the proposal of the Dean’s Office. In principle, an evaluation procedure will be initiated at the end of the 8th semester, i.e. at the start of the third two-year term. At the end of this procedure, the Faculty may propose the promotion of the candidate to the rank of full professor.
- 4 hours teaching per week (BA or MA level seminars), during the pre-tenure period
- Supervision of students, exam responsibilities, supervision of dissertations and theses
- Possible participation in inter-institutional doctoral program (eg CUSO doctoral program in English literature and medieval studies)
- Collaboration with other sections of the faculty
- Possible participation in MA specialization programs (eg Center for Medieval and Post-Medieval Studies)
- Individual research; development of collective research projects
- Participation in research activities and in the administration of the section
- PhD in medieval English language and literature or title deemed equivalent
- Experience in university teaching at all levels
- Experience in the field of digital humanities and willingness to develop projects in this sector
- Publication of two monographs or one monograph and at least five substantial peer-reviewed articles/one scholarly critical edition of a medieval English text
- Ability to obtain third-party subsidies and funding
- Experience working in a team
What the position offers you
We offer a nice working place in a multicultural, diverse and dynamic academic environment. Opportunities for professional training, a lot of activities and other benefits to discover.
Contact for further information
Contact: Professor Kevin Curran, Head of the English department: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: November 15, 2020
Those interested are asked to submit via the online system, a single file in PDF or Word format containing: motivation letter, Curriculum Vitae, copy of university degrees, list of publications as well as a brief presentation of research projects and the names and contact details of two referees.
Only applications sent through the UNIL website www.unil.ch/carrieres will be taken into account. We thank your for your understanding.
UNIL is committed to promoting gender equality and diversity and strongly encourages applications from female candidates.
UNIL supports early career researchers.
Source : Jobs.ac.uk